Monday, May 2, 2016

Female Representation in Comics



I mainly wanted to focus on a big problem for women today (and before) and that is sort of how women are viewed as unequal when it comes to jobs or positions of power. The wage gap issue has been discussed more often now than any other time period and I wanted to elaborate on that.

I wanted to have a female character in a certain genre trope that women often don't get to be placed on. Westerns many times have strong female characters but they normally serve a different purpose, as opposed to the protagonist (unfortunately they're normally romantic interests). I've seen some media where the norm is broken for female characters which I always admire ( films like True Grit). I also like to make characters weird so these people are cactus people (that's why they have thorns all around them).

No comments:

Post a Comment